Thai Crab with Yellow Curry Recipe
How to Make Thai Crab Stir Fry with Curry
This is a mild crab curry stir fry that highlights
the sweet, fresh flesh of the crab meat used.
In our opinion, this dish is best served together with the seductive whole shells of the crab, making it the most visually appealing. However, the dish may also be requested without the shell to make it easier to eat without the use of fingers.
The stir fry sauce is thicked with egg rather than onions or any cornflour.
Thai Curried Crab - Ingredients
2 crabs cut into quarters
1 cup milk (or coconut milk)
0.5 cup chili oil
1 tsp Thai yellow curry powder
0.5 tsp white pepper
1 large red chili - sliced diagonally
4 spring onions, sliced into 4 cm sections
10 g Chinese celery, chopped
A few coriander leaves
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs oyster soy sauce
A pinch of sugar
Chili oil - optional
- Mix beaten egg, chili oil, condensed milk, the curry powder and white pepper in a bowl. Add soy and oyster sauces and sugar and mix again.
- Heat oil in wok and add crab pieces. Stir fry to cook through.
- Add the egg/milk mixture and bring to boil, simmering for a couple of minutes. Plate.
- Garnish with red chili slices, spring onions, coriander and celery.
- Optionally, add additional heat and colour to the dish by sprinkling with chili oil.