If you are looking for a hotel to stay in prior to coming to Gecko Villa (perhaps in Bangkok, for example), or after your stay with us, or even in another country, we are happy to help and make suggestions.
To book Gecko Villa, please click here.
To book other hotels in Thailand and elsewhere, simply get in touch, letting us know what kind of property you have in mind, where, and at what apprximate budget. We will be happy to revert with some options.
Alternatively, use our quick search box below. Using your arrival and departure dates will ensure you are proposed hotels with available rooms on those dates.
In Bangkok, there are numerous hotels and resorts of all types and budgets. Your choice will depend upon how many days you wish to stay in the Thai capital and what you wish to achieve there. With the skytrain and underground now fully functional, it is less important than before to ensure that your hotel is situated close to the locations you wish to visit, but traffic can still be bad and bearing this in mind can be very useful!
For those unfamiliar with Bangkok, we would recommend choosing from amongst the following areas:
- The Chatuchak area is close to the old airport (Don Muang) and of course to the famous weekend market.
- The Riverside hotels are generally upper-end properties, often directly on the Chaopraya river with dramatic views, and many of Bangkok's most famous hotels are located here.
- The Chinatown and Khao San area generally has the cheapest accommodation. The Khao San road is popular with backpackers and boomed after the making of the Hollywood film "The Beach". Do note that the Yaowarat or Chinatown area is generally very congested!
- The Silom / Sathorn and Wireless /Ploenchit areas are generally business, banking, retail and embassy hubs, with plenty of shopping and nightlife, and offer a broad range of rooms and prices.
- Sukhumvit is a very long and generally congested road, popular with expatriates and offering a wide choice of shopping, restaurants, etc. If you do select this area, try to find a hotel towards the lower end of the road, say between Soi (Street) 1- 23
If you intend to travel over the Mekong river to Laos, to either Vientiane or Luang Prabang, again just drop us a line for recommendations.